Sunday, April 19, 2009

awesome

Andrew and I went up Powell Butte yesterday. Him on his Mt. Bike and me on my touring bike/commuter/whatever bike with 35c tires. The trails were still just a little too wet for me to get enough traction on, so some places I had to walk.

At the top we saw some hill a mile or two away that looked inviting. We found a directional sign thing that named the hill as Grant Butte.

So of course we had to go check it out. We couldn't find a way up at first, but after tooling around the neighborhood a bit we found what at first glance seemed to be a trail.

The next half-hour or so ascent felt like a Mountain Dew commercial. There were logs across the "trail" every 30 yards or so, low hanging branches (at one point Andrew's helmet was knocked off,) and a fairly steep incline. I asked Andrew to rate the trail in terms of difficulty and he placed it somewhere between "Super hard" and "Olympic death match."

Once we got to the top we found there was an easier trail down, which we took. We then went back to Powell Butte and down the other side. At the bottom, right before it turns back toward the Springwater trail I ate it.

All in all it was an awesome day.

No comments: